fredag 6. november 2009

Day 3 Queensland, Australia

Today I came to the north coast of Queensland. Queensland is the second largest state in Australia with an area of 1,730,648 km2. And the capital of the state is Brisbane. My plan here was just to do one thing, dive in the Great Barrier Reef.
I signed up for a group, which was for new beginners. I got to know one of the instructors very well. He was from Canberra, the capital of Australia. The Australian language is a bit different than English. But it isn’t hard to understand, that’s good.
We learned all the basic information about diving before we started. We had to take a boat out to the place we were starting our diving but it wasn’t long.
I had high expectations to see the Great Barrier Reef. I have heard so much about it. It is the worlds largest coral reef system. It is over 2000 km long and you can see it from space. Corals make the area. It is so famous and special that it has been labeled as one of the seven natural wonders of the underwater world. Every year over 2 million tourist visits the coral reef, That is sick! But unfortunately the reef suffers from the tourism.
When we got down there and saw the corals it was much better than I had expected. All the pictures I have seen of it can’t be compared to how it was in reality. It was huge. And all these colorful fishes, it was SO exciting to see.

My days in Australia went fast. I didn’t get to see all the attractions they have to offer, but the things I saw was INCREDIBLE!



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar